Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Jan 2001 22:39:33 -0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Paul Dorfman <paul_dorfman@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Can I bring a flat file or a SAS dataset into a Proc SQL
Comments: To: David_Fickbohm@FFIC.COM

David,

Please do not mind some counter-interrogation:

1) What SAS version do you use? 2) What database do you use? 3) In the database, is the key (claim number) indexed? 4) How many distinct keys are there in the flat file? 5) What are the type and length of the key?

Answering these questions may *considerably* help someone willing to help you.

Kind regards, ==================== Paul M. Dorfman Jacksonville, Fl ====================