Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (February 2001)Back to main REXXLIST pageJoin or leave REXXLIST (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Feb 2001 16:05:36 -0500
Sender:       REXX Programming discussion list <REXXLIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         bobm <bobm@ROBTMIL.DYNDNS.ORG>
Subject:      Question about SockGetPeerName()

Using OS/2 I have a script that is supposed to notify me if I get portscanned. The problem is that it always returns the address 18.8.30.0 instead of the address I scanned from. What am I doing wrong? Any help will be greatly appreciated - here's the script..

/* Load REXX Socket library if not already loaded */ If RxFuncQuery("SockLoadFuncs") Then Do Call RxFuncAdd "SockLoadFuncs","RXSOCK","SockLoadFuncs" Call SockLoadFuncs End

/* create a TCP socket for client connection requests */ Socket = SockSocket("AF_INET", "SOCK_STREAM", "0")

/* find out local IP address */ Host.!addr = SockGetHostId()

/* Bind socket to well known port 1996 */ Host.!family = "AF_INET" Host.!port = 1996 Call SockBind Socket, "Host.!"

/* create a connection queue for 1 client */ Call SockListen Socket, 1

/* wait for a client to connect */ Say "Waiting for a client to connect..." ClientSocket = SockAccept(Socket) Say "Client has established connection."

xx = SockGetPeerName( socket, "address.!" ) say address.!addr

'call play file=c:\mmos2\sounds\starmed.wav' call lineout 'c:\work\log.txt', Date('e') Time() 'Scanned by' address.!addr