Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 15 Feb 2001 07:58:23 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Lionel Teed <teedl@TDBANK.CA>
Subject:   Fw: access to sql server / odbc

Not sure if I remember the original request, but I seem to believe it had something to do with connecting via ODBC to Sql server without setting up the drivers via the control panel ODBC Driver utility. Try the following.

LibName SqlLib ODBC NOPROMPT="DRIVER=SQL Server;Database=dbname;Server=servername" ;

In my case, the server was (local), and the dbname was auxdb, so my resulting statement was....

LibName SqlLib ODBC NOPROMPT="DRIVER=SQL Server;Database=auxdb;Server=(local)" ;

----- Original Message ----- From: "Muhlbaier, Lawrence H." <lawrence.muhlbaier@DUKE.EDU> Newsgroups: bit.listserv.sas-l To: <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> Sent: Wednesday, 14 February, 2001 9:22 AM Subject: Re: access to sql server / odbc