Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 15 Feb 2001 12:30:10 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Kerrison, Foster" <FKerrison@NT.DMA.STATE.MA.US>
Subject:   Re: JCL QUESTION FOR SAS JOB
Comments:   To: Peter Crawford <peter.crawford@DB.COM>

Peter,

I took it that she had JCL code and was trying to understand what the parameters meant. I think thats a good way to learn.

I am intrigued by your code example. Could you write it up into an real example?

Lets say that I have 5 files. JCL would look like

//dec98 DD DSN=ABCDE.DATA.DEC98.FILE,DISP=SHR //dec99 DD DSN=ABCDE.DATA.DEC99.FILE,DISP=SHR //dec00 DD DSN=ABCDE.DATA.DEC00.FILE,DISP=SHR //dec01 DD DSN=ABCDE.DATA.DEC01.FILE,DISP=SHR //dec97 DD DSN=ABCDE.DATA.DEC97.FILE,DISP=SHR

So how would this look in your example? Can you also show how this would be done if the files contained SAS datasets as distinct from other formats.

Thanks,

Foster Kerrison