Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 Feb 2001 00:14:24 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Dan Fortuna <fortuna@ESKIMO.COM>
Subject:      Accessing SAS datasets from non-SAS apps using SAS Share

Anyone out there use SAS Share to allow other apps (VB exe's, Crystal, etc.) to access SAS datasets on a Sun box, either via ODBC or ADO?

We're considering purchase of SAS Share for this reason. Sun/unix is our only SAS platform, but we'd like external apps to be able to read our data stored in sas, more or less as a datamart. Our SAS reps confirm it can be done, but don't know of anyone doing it.

I'd be glad to hear from anyone who has tried it or is using it.

Thanks, Dan Fortuna