Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:29:54 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Abelson_R <Abelson_R@BLS.GOV>
Subject:   Mimic &SYSCC in Version 6.12

Folks,

Last week I asked about the &SYSCC (condition code) automatic macro variable, which I found out is available only in Version 7 or higher. My question is, have any of you done anything like that in Version 6.12 on Unix? We need a macro variable to control whether to write a message to our "process" log (normal termination) or "error" log.

I thought of using grep, but I don't know how to pipe the output to a macro variable.

Any help will be much appreciated.

TIA

Robert Abelson Bureau of Labor Statistics abelson_r@bls.gov "The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to chance." -- Robert R. Coveyou, Oak Ridge National Laboratories