Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001)Back to main ISL pageJoin or leave ISL (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 Mar 2001 17:15:45 -0500
Sender:       "Int'l. Student Life Office" <ISL@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         ugaisl <ugaisl@ARCHES.UGA.EDU>
Subject:      Isl Special Announcement, Tuesday, March 6, 2001

Special announcements from ISL - Improving Student Life.

International Student Life events 1. Great New TAX Web page from ISL! 2. Tea Talk- Cultural Drinking

Other University Events 1. Vote, No Dimpled Chads Here!

International Student Life events ================================= 1. ISL is proud to introduce our "Tax Information for International Students" web page. If you have questions, the answers already may be posted. Need information on Tax Resources? Tax Advisement? Tax questions? Visit our website at www.uga.edu/isl/events/evetaxinfo.html. Let us know what you think!

2. ISL Tea Talk this week is sponsored by Univerity the Health Center, Thursday, March 15 at 5:30 pm in the lounge (210F Memorial). The topic of discussion will be drinking in other cultures and in the United States. It will give a wide perspective on different views and opinions. Join us for some tea and let's talk!

Other University Events ========================

The following articles do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the ISL office. It should not be viewed as an endorsement of any candidate by this ISL Office.

1. Dear fellow International Students, My name is Obiajulu Okuh, and I am an undergraduate junior from Nigeria. I want to thank all of us who came out and voted in February. All of our international senate candidates made it! If you read the "Red & Black" today, you will notice that the issues I addressed are very important to International students. The good news is that, this year, we have a presidential ticket that is committed to addressing our concerns. Remember to vote tomorrow - Wednesday March 14 - on OASIS for Richard & Susan. Please, please, please VOTE.

2. Dear International Students, My name is Richard Butler and I am running for Student Government Association President with Susan Maples as Vice President. Typically, student government does not work to address the problems of international students. This year Susan and I want to create an International Student Life committee within SGA. The goals of this committee: 1. Open residence halls at least one week prior to the first day of school to accomodate international students. 2. Lobby the administration to maintain the current level of funding for the ISL office and possibly increase this funding. 3. Pay International Student Orientation Leaders like other student orientation leaders. Please get out and vote on OASIS this Wednesday March 14, 2001. Also, please forward this information to your members. Last year the candidate that would have addressed these issues lost by only 58 votes - your vote counts. Thanks, -Richard Butler -- ++++++++++++++++++++++++++ International Student Life Department of Student Activities 210 Memorial Hall The University of Georgia Athens, GA 30602-3108 +++++++++++++++++++++ Email: ugaisl@uga.edu URL: http://www.uga.edu/isl +++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Coordinator, Saehee Chang International Student Advisor, Leigh Poole Administrative Secretary, Jackie Minus Graduate Student Assistant, Jean Shim