Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Mar 2001 13:51:44 -0600
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Carol Albright <syzygy@TC.UMN.EDU>
Subject:      Re: select by date
Comments: To: Laura Berry <LBERRY@NORTHARK.CC.AR.US>

>I've tried this:

>COMPUTE filter_$=(matdate=date.moyr(8,1999).

>filter by filter_$.

>execute.

Be sure to read the error messages generated when you run syntax. Such as:

>The expression is incomplete. Check for missing operands, invalid

>operators, unmatched parentheses or excessive string length.

>This command not executed.

</bigger></fontfamily>

Do you have the Log visible in your output file? That's where these clues show up. My sample code had a goof -- I missed the second parentheses at the end of the COMPUTE statement:

COMPUTE filter_$=(matdate=date.moyr(8,1999)).

filter by filter_$.

execute.

Now it should run!

Carol

Carol L. Albright, MS | E-Mail : syzygy@tc.umn.edu

Albright Consulting | Phone : 651/699-7218

St. Paul, MN 55105 USA | Research data services

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~syzygy (SPSS tips now on own pages)