Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Mar 2001 09:46:46 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Kapildeb Sen <ksen@STAT.NCSU.EDU>
Subject:      Re: SUPPRESSING WARNINGS IN SAS

Thanks Roland. But what you suggest will only lead to another file withe same info that is stored in log, right? My problem is that my disk space gets unnecessarily used up by leaps and bounds when I try to run a couple of SAS files in batch mode. And that is why I do not want the log file to be created in the first place.

Kapil "Roland" <roland.rashleigh-berry@virgin.net> wrote in message news:3AA4928A.A0D@virgin.net... > Kapildeb Sen wrote: > > > > I am trying to getrid of the log file created by SAS when I am running a > > file in batch mode. I tried several things suggested on the web. Nothing > > Worked. > > > > I am doing this: > > lsfsubmit sas <file name> > > > > I tried -log/dev/null at the back, at the front of the <file name>. No > > success. > > I tried -nolog. Didn't work. > > > > Any suggestion? > > > > Thanks, > > Kapil > > Set up a dummy file soemthing like > > filename dummy dummy; > > and then reroute the log to it using: > > proc printto log=dummy; > run; > > > Roland