Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 6 Mar 2001 10:54:49 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Ravi, Prasad" <Prasad.Ravi@PFIZER.COM>
Subject:   Re: Zipped text files
Comments:   To: "Richard.Simhon@CORNHILL.CO.UK" <Richard.Simhon@CORNHILL.CO.UK>

Try this.

FILENAME fileref PIPE 'PKUNZIP -c zipfile txtfile';

-----Original Message----- From: (richard Simhon) [mailto:Richard.Simhon@CORNHILL.CO.UK] Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2001 10:10 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Zipped text files

All,

Can anyone tell me if I can create SAS data sets from zipped text files without having to unzip the files themselves? I'm using SASv6.12 on windows NT

Thanks in advance

Richard Simhon Business Analyst Allianz Cornhill

********************************************************************** Copyright in this message and any attachments remains with us. It is confidential and may be legally privileged. If this message is not intended for you it must not be read, copied or used by you or disclosed to anyone else. Please advise the sender immediately if you have received this message in error.

Although this message and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by Cornhill Insurance PLC for any loss or damage in any way arising from its use.

Cornhill Insurance Plc, Registered in England number 84638, Registered Office 32 Cornhill, London EC3V 3LJ.

Regulated by the Personal Investment Authority for life and pensions only. Member of the General Insurance Standards Council for direct general insurance only. **********************************************************************