Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Mar 2001 16:49:24 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Ravi, Prasad" <Prasad.Ravi@PFIZER.COM>
Subject:      Re: Counting observations in Proc Report
Comments: To: Jeffrey Cohen <jcohen@PHEAA.ORG>

Here is an example.

/* Directions for Submitting Sample Code */ options nodate pageno=1 ps=60 ls=72 fmtsearch=(sasuser); proc report data=sasuser.grocery nowd headskip; column sector manager sales; define sector / group format=$sctrfmt. 'Sector' '--'; define manager / group format=$mgrfmt. 'Manager' '--'; define sales / analysis sum format=comma10.2 'Sales' '--'; break after sector / ol summarize skip suppress; rbreak after / dol summarize; compute sales; if manager=' ' and sector=' ' then call define(_col_,"format","dollar11.2"); endcomp; title "Sales Figures for Northern Sectors for &sysdate"; where sector contains 'n'; run;

-----Original Message----- From: Jeffrey Cohen [mailto:jcohen@PHEAA.ORG] Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 3:53 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Counting observations in Proc Report

I have a report, generated by Proc Report, that lists loan balances by the Borrower's state and Loan type. In addition to the total balance for each category I want to list the number of loans, formatted at comma7. , with a label. I'm able to add the N statistic but I can't format it and give it a label. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Jeff Cohen