Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Mar 2001 14:31:03 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Nick Paszty <npaszty@ORGANIC.COM>
Subject:      SAS Graph - formatted axis values are truncated

Hello.

v8.1 on NT.

I am using gchart with formats for the col1 variable value along the horizontal axis. There is only 1 value for col1 on this axis and the format's maximum length is about 60 characters. Here are the data.

col1 node_index 1 1 22 2 1 3 28 4 1 5

The format for node_index where the value of node_index=28 is /registries/club_wedd/SystemUnavailable.asp. The problem I am having is that the format is truncated to /registries/club_wedd/SystemUnav when I create the chart for node_index=28. I've tried to modify the size of the gif but that doesn't seem to work. I've run tests on longer formats and it appears the same formats I've used above will print out in their entirety using proc print. I there some restriction in graph? I've tried various things but can't figure this out. Here is my code.

/* assign the destination for the output */ filename out 'g:\htdocs\anim_8.gif';

/* set the graphics environment */ goptions reset=global gunit=pct border cback=ligr ctext=black colors=(blue) ftext=swissb ftitle=swissb htitle=5 htext=4 noborder;

/* assign graphics options for the animation */ goptions display dev=gifanim gsfname=out gsfmode=replace iteration=0 delay=250;

/* reset default size*/ %macro IMGSIZE(w=1280, h=1024, dpi=100, rows=43, cols=83);

%if &dpi <=0 %then %put DPI must be greater than zero.; %else %do; goptions hsize=%sysevalf(&w/&dpi)in vsize=%sysevalf(&h/&dpi)in hpos=&cols vpos=&rows %end;

%mend IMGSIZE;

%imgsize(w=1000, h=500);

* sets characteristics of horizontal axis; axis1 c=black label=none length=98 pct origin=(1.3,7.7) value=(height=4 pct color=black);

* sets characteristics of vertical axis; axis2 c=black label=none offset=(,0) value=none;

/* generate the charts*/ title1 'Followed Paths'; proc gchart data=bys_index; vbar col1 / maxis=axis1 raxis=axis2; by node_index; format col1 urlguid.; run; quit;

/* end the animation */ data _null_; file out recfm=n mod; put '3B'x; run;

goptions reset=all;

Thanks,

Nick