Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Mar 2001 16:19:28 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Lewis, Dan BGI SF" <Dan.Lewis@BARCLAYSGLOBAL.COM>
Subject:      Re: opinion: SAS or macro debugging: ISPF editor
Comments: To: "peter.crawford@DB.COM" <peter.crawford@DB.COM>,
          "rjf2@CDC.GOV" <rjf2@CDC.GOV>

The KEDIT editor from Mansfield Software Group (www.kedit.com) can selectively hide or view lines. It has a subset of REXX as its macro language. I have a simple macro that hides all lines in a SAS log except for lines that contain error messages. Really a very nice programmer's editor. Runs on Windows, also has DOS versions. It is based on the mainframe XEDIT editor, which, I believe, is quite similar to the ISPF editor; but it also has capabilities beyond XEDIT.