Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:33:47 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jim Agnew <Agnew@HSC.VCU.EDU>
Subject:      Re: turning off the explorer and results windows

What I do is create a bat file and run sas.bat progname, that way, i have the script, output, and log that I can analyze later.. no windows at all whatsoever. i even use my edt editor to edit the sas files, rvs to bring up the program.* files to see the log and output.

of course, i started with card decks, so... ;-)

Jim

Znarf Akfak wrote: > > I'm fairly new to version 8.01 for windoze and I'm not really sure of the > advantages of the new windows - explorer, results and the enhanced editor. > > So, I think I want to have SAS start with these new windows turned off, at > least until I figure out what they are useful for. Could someone let me > know > how to do this, preferably in autoexec.sas? > > If anyone could describe how they take advantage of the new windows, then > that > could be helpful, too. > > TIA, > > Znarf