Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 Apr 2001 14:01:38 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Peter Flom <peter.flom@NDRI.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Multicollinearity in Logistic Regression
Comments: To: ZWang@NA2.US.ML.COM

Multicollinearity can affect any regression procedure. One way to look at it in logistic in SAS is to "fool" the computer into thinking you are doing regular regression, and use the /collin option. Since collinearity is a relationship among the independent variables, it's irrelevant that PROC REG is inappropriate for your dependent variable

HTH

Peter L. Flom, Ph.D. Principal Research Associate National Development and Research Institutes, Inc. 2 World Trade Center 16th floor New York, NY 10048

(212) 845-4485 (212) 845-4698 (fax) Peter.Flom@ndri.org

>>> "Wang, Zhaoping (PCM - NJ)" <ZWang@NA2.US.ML.COM> 04/17/01 01:28PM >>> Is there the issue of multicollinearity that we should look at when running a logistic regression ? (I know there is in a linear regression.) If yes, how to take care of it in SAS ? Thanks for your help.

Zhaoping

[text/html]