Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Apr 2001 00:45:31 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Lou Pogoda <lpogoda@HOME.NOSPAM.COM>
Subject:      Re: can DOS wait for windows sas???

If the programs need to be executed sequentially, you can set up a SAS program that %INCLUDEs them in the proper sequence. For example, the following program is in a file LOTSAPROGRAMS.SAS:

options source2; %include 'full path to program file number one\prog1.sas'; %include 'full path to program file number two\prog2.sas'; . . . etc.

The source2 on the options statement is there so that the log(s) from the various programs will include the source statements - If you don't need to see the code in the log and are content with just the messages that come out after each step, leave it out.

The whole thing can be run either in batch or interactive mode. To run in batch, RIGHT click on LOTSAPROGRAMS.SAS (in windows explorer) and choose the batch submit option, or run it from the start/run dialog on the task bar. To run interactively, open LOTSAPROGRAMS.SAS in the editor window and submit.

Jim Agnew wrote in message <3ADC92A8.51AE1DBF@hsc.vcu.edu>... >Dear gang, > >I'm running my sas files phadat00 - phadat84 by doing a SAS phadat00 where >sas.bat is defined as > >D:\SAS\SAS.EXE %1 > > >my whine is that the bat file exits once the SAS job is spawned off to the windows os, leaving the bat file ready to start the next >one as if it's finished. > >Is there a way to do many sas files one after the other indian file so that my pc doesn't die??? ;-) > >Jim