Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Apr 2001 13:00:45 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@IX.NETCOM.COM>
Subject:      Re: OT: SQL reference book?

on Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 10:15:01AM -0400, Peetie Wheatstraw (peetie_wheatstraw@HOTMAIL.COM) wrote: > Re: OT: SQL reference book? > > Hi, > > Can anyone recommend a good general-purpose SQL reference > book??

In addition to my previous response: Not necessarily G-P, but very useful for working with SAS. Paul Kent's SUGI papers on SAS/SQL are required reading. Most of these are available (with hunting) on SI's website.

Paul covers both basics and advanced tuning techniques, including a number of undocumented (but quite useful) features. My understanding is that PK is no longer working as closely on SQL, it would be helpful to know who's picked up the baton, as he did a very good job with it.

Cheers.

-- Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com> http://kmself.home.netcom.com/ What part of "Gestalt" don't you understand? There is no K5 cabal http://gestalt-system.sourceforge.net/ http://www.kuro5hin.org

[application/pgp-signature]