Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Apr 2001 15:16:25 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Andy Kowalczyk <akowalczyk@WCRINET.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Finding Differences in 2 Datasets
Comments: To: Darran Zenger <DZENGER@KLUNE.COM>

For a point and shoot approach you may want to try CatalogerV8 from Qualex Consulting Services, Inc. <http://www.qlx.com>

It's free! I downloaded it the other day and am playing with it now.

Also from the folks that brought you DBMS/COPY and DBMS/Engines (Conceptual Software, Inc.) comes a new product: DBMS/Compare <http://www.conceptual.com/dbmscompare.htm> If you are a current customer they should have sent you an email with the password for a 30-day demo (check with your administrator).

I am not connected with either venture.

I still prefer the batch appoach PROC COMPARE since my comparison needs involve hundreds of pairs of files with hundreds of variables and millions of rows.

The two interactive products are good at spotting structural differences - but a little too cumbersome for value differences with this much data.

Andy Kowalczyk