Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 22 Apr 2001 14:17:45 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@IX.NETCOM.COM>
Subject:      Re: To obtain html data from a server which need authentication

on Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 09:16:53PM +0000, outlier (statistics@NETSCAPE.NET) wrote: > Please tell me, is it possible for SAS to to obtain html files from a > web site. I need login the web site and search information using SSL. > Is it possible to automate this process using SAS.

See the HTML (URL) access method for the FILENAME statement. It includes options for specifying a password and username. I don't know if it supports SSL, anyone else?

Other option is to drive an external browser or URL retrieval program.

Cheers.

-- Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com> http://kmself.home.netcom.com/ What part of "Gestalt" don't you understand? There is no K5 cabal http://gestalt-system.sourceforge.net/ http://www.kuro5hin.org

[application/pgp-signature]