Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 May 2001 08:07:00 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Robert Farmer <rfarmer@AQAF.COM>
Subject:      Re: SPSS MAPS

SPSS Maps is a crippled version of MapInfo. As a starter it is not a bad deal. I found that the MapInfo documentation works fine for the SPSS Maps.

The output is fine.

The learning curve is quite steep....artificially so, in my opinion. If it were up to me to do over again, I would get the professional version of MapInfo and add to the learning curve time the output functions in SPSS to fit MapInfo.

Good Luck

>>> Wayne Parker <wparker@pipertrust.org> 05/22 5:04 PM >>> We are thinking of purchasing this program and are wondering what you think of it - the quality of the output, the steepness of the learning curve, and other impressions you might have.

Wayne D. Parker, Ph.D. Director of Research and Evaluation Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust 6720 N. Scottsdale Road Scottsdale, AZ 85253 480-556-7124

Robert M. Farmer Data Engineer Alabama Quality Assurance Foundation 205-907-1600 x 3441 rfarmer@aqaf.com