Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 May 2001 11:11:13 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Khaneja, Gurvinder" <KhanejaG@WPUNJ.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Factor Analysis

Principal Component Analysis technique is the most used method for Factor analysis. However there are other methods like, Unweighted least squares, Generalized least square, maximum likelihood, principal axis factoring etc. I don't think the two are synonymous in true sense. However if someone mentions that thay have used PCA (principal Component Analysis) it is true that they are talking about Factor Analysis but not necessarily vice-versa. Hope it helps.

Gurvinder K. Khaneja