Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 May 2001 16:44:37 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Michael L. Davis" <mldavis@BASSETTCONSULTING.COM>
Subject:      Re: ehllapi and SAS-Connecting from Windows 2000 to MVS

Hello Fernando and other SAS-L Friends,

It's never as easy as they say at SUGI ;-) For those of you who use to watch Star Trek, think of Spock yelling, "the pain, the pain".

Anyway, to get back to your problem, the typical cause is that the connect script is anticipating different prompts than your TSO system supplies. You can figure this out by carefully watching the system prompts when you log in via Extra! Then look at the TCPTSO.SCR file that you are running and see where the differences may be.

Or, if you're lazy like me, you can temporarily remove the /* and */ from the top of TCPTSO.SCR and watch the messages scroll by.

BTW, TCP is a much faster communication access method than EHLLAPI and HLLAPI, on the order of a 10 to 1 difference. I'd use it instead.

- Michael "Mad Doggy" Davis

At 03:29 PM 5/3/01 -0400, Fernando Colina <Fernando.Colina@UMB.EDU> wrote: >I've been trying to do a remote connect to a mainframe (TSO) with no >success. A colleague gave me instructions for the autoexec file a signon >procedure and a script file. The problem is that his set up is for Windows >NT using Extra! v.6 and he's using SAS 8. I'm using Windows 2000, Extra! v. >5 and SAS 6.12. I also have a Q3270 setup because it seems the only way I >can get past the failure to load an HLLAPI.dll. > >Can someone give me a little advise on this? I've been able to rsubmit >things fine to a VMS, so I think I've got at least half of the logic right. > >The SAS people at SUGI said it would be so simple... > > >Fernando Colina >Office of Institutional Research >University of Massachusetts at Boston

Michael L. Davis Vice President Bassett Consulting Services, Inc. 10 Pleasant Drive North Haven CT 06473-3712 E-Mail: michael@bassettconsulting.com Web: http://www.bassettconsulting.com Telephone: 203-562-0640 Facsimile: 203-498-1414 Messages: 888-477-1412