Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 May 2001 14:55:47 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Brian Vuong <brian-vuong@USA.NET>
Subject:      Randomly pick

Dear SAS users: Please help me with random generator. After I ran codes listed below to randomly pick 5000 records. I later found that in those 5000 records consists of duplicates. Please show me to randomly pick 5000 records without duplicates.

data select; do i=1 to 400; j= (ranuni(0)*total); set auditing.recaudit point=j nobs=total; output; end ; stop; run;

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Brian Vuong