Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 May 2001 09:08:23 +1200
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Geoff Grimwood <geoff@DATAMINE.CO.NZ>
Subject:      Re: Zip excel files from SAS

My 2 cents.

I prefer using the pipe device/engine thing because the irritating DOS box doesn't make an appearance. The PKZIPC exectuable needs to be in the PATH. I can't remember where I got the executable from but it is more or less the same as PKZIP.

%zip(d:\temp,fred,txt) will create d:\temp\fred.zip containing d:\temp\fred.txt. I'm too lazy to have one parameter and then take it apart to get the necessary components.

Beware the quotes!

%macro zip(dir, filename, ext);

%let cmd2=%str(pkzipc -silent -add %"&dir\%trim(&filename).zip%" %"&dir\%trim(&filename).%trim(&EXT)%");

filename foo pipe "&cmd2";

data _null_; file foo; run;

%mend;

Regards

Geoff

Richard DeVenezia wrote: > > David, > > You will also have to use double quotes around the filenames since they > appear to contain embedded spaces. > Such as > > x wzzip -a "c:\temp\b b\abcd" "c:\temp\a a"; > > if you insist on quoting the command (not necessary but allowed) you need > more quotes (two consecutive quotation marks (single or double) collapses to > a single quotation mark of the same type, when within a quoted string that > starts with the same type of quotation mark) > > x "wzzip -a ""c:\temp\b b\abcd"" ""c:\temp\a a"""; > > -- > Richard DeVenezia - SAS Macros and AF Tools > http://www.devenezia.com > > "David Simmons" <DavidSi@KINKOS.COM> wrote in message > news:sb0ced35.019@kinkos.com... > > I'm trying to use winzip to zip some excel files from SAS using the X > statement as discussed below. > > > > One thing you can try is to have SAS shell out > to DOS using an X > > statement. You can then use command lines > statement supported by > > WINZIP 7 to create the zip file. For example, > the SAS statement > > > > X "WZZIP -a c:\test\myzip > c:\test\myfile.xls"; > > > > will zip up the Excel file into a file named > myzip.zip. A couple of > > key issues. To use Winzip commands, the > WinZip Command Line Support > > Add-on (which the last time I checked was Beta > software) must be > > installed onto WinZip 7.0. I don't think > version WinZip 6 supports > > command lines. Both can be downloaded from > the WinZip website. Also, > > for the command to work as shown above, the > winzip folder location > > must be in your path statement (i.e. in your > autoexec.bat file). All > > this info is well documented in the Command > Line Support > > documentation. > > > > Mike Mumma > > Westat > > > > When I issue the command below, a black dos box blinks on the screen > > and that is all. I have added d:\program files\winzip to my autoexec > file. any ideas would be appreciated. > > > > X "winzip32 -a e:\loss prevention\April2001\ops10b e:\loss > prevention\April2001\ops10b.xls"; > > > > > > David H. Simmons