Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 May 2001 15:35:53 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Cyndie Gareleck <cyndie@RAND.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Reading SAS files from ACL

Have you looked into the SAS Universal ODBC driver? It's available from SAS and gives you read access to native SAS files from other ODBC compliant apps. Documentation is available on the SAS web site at http://www.sas.com/products/uodbc/index.html . You can download the driver for a 30 day trial before committing to purchase.

Cyndie Gareleck cyndie@rand.org

"Tom Winn" <twinn@SAO.STATE.TX.US> wrote in message news:sb0ce367.030@mail.sao.state.tx.us... > ACL is a software package designed for use by auditors. Previously, ACL was an acronym which meant "Audit Command Language", but like SAS, they're currently trying to get away from having their name used as an acronym. > > From time to time, I need to use ACL, in order to provide support to many of my colleagues. ACL is ODBC-compliant. I would like to know how to access SAS data files from ACL, using ODBC. Does anybody have any clues for me? Whenever I try to access a SAS data file from outside of the SAS System, SAS is invoked. Is that necessary? Or is there some way to configure my ODBC driver to give me access to SAS files from outside of SAS, namely from ACL? > > Thanks. > Tom Winn