Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 May 2001 08:32:56 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Charles Patridge <Charles_S_Patridge@PRODIGY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Is there on-line SAS Training course ?
Comments: To: "KI-Ha, Shin" <khshin@GREYMDS.COM>

Hi Ki-Ha,

Out of curiosity, how much do you think such on-line training would be worth?

You see, I thought about doing such a thing (see SAS Online Tutorial Videos on my web site http://www.sconsig.com) and even though the reaction was quite favorable, I suspect most people still prefer sitting in a classroom with a Live Person instructing them while they write in hardcopy books.

It seemed to me the most people were willing to pay was under $10.00 per module (say beginners, intermediate, advance, etc). I estimated to produce 1 hour of "good" instruction (in video format) would take about 200 man hours or so to create.

And since there did not seem to an overwhelming demand for such training, I surmised the ROI was VERY negative and hence sort of gave up on the idea.

I have looked at other various Online Training Vendors and could not find any that covered the SAS Software. In addition, it appears their costs average in the $250 range for 1-2 hr tutorial and/or CD-based training.

If you find any online training vendor for SAS Software please let me know.

I know this does not help you but I wish you well in finding what you are looking for.

Regards, Charles Patridge