Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 30 May 2001 10:06:12 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Goldman, Brad (AT-Atlanta)" <Brad.Goldman@AUTOTRADER.COM>
Subject:      %do loop -- the answer

The issue was: How can I keep the leading zeros in a %do loop, where I want to go from 0401 to 0430 (April 1 - April 30)? Left to it's on devices, SAS interprets each value of the %do loop as 401, 402, 403, etc.

Of course, the mighty Paul Dorfman had the solution to my problem. Enclose the following in macro code:

*************; %do i = &beg %to &end; proc append base=wc.mtd data=wc.wc%sysfunc(int(&i),z4.) force; run; %end; *************; I was very surprised that one could just throw a %sysfunc right in the middle of a dataset name like that, but it work perfectly.

Thank you Paul!

-Brad Goldman