Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 14:53:42 -0400
Reply-To: "Cohen,Diane" <dc42@EXCHANGE1.DREXEL.EDU>
Sender: "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From: "Cohen,Diane" <dc42@EXCHANGE1.DREXEL.EDU>
Subject: Re: SPSS 10.1.4 patch
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
I couldn't install it either. I didn't get your response, but a host of
other responses too long to go into here. I thought it might be because of
some internal problem with my server at the univ where I work. I'd like to
know if there are others who had difficulty as Jay did. Might help me
trouble shoot my own problem with it here. dgc
From: Goodwin, Jay [mailto:JGoodwin@AIR.ORG]
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 8:50 AM
Subject: Re: SPSS 10.1.4 patch
I just installed the SPSS 10.1.4 patch on a workstation (stand-alone)
installation, and now am unable to get SPSS started. The error is that "The
Host Machine Can Not Be Found", and I am then prompted to designate an SPSS
Server on which to process data. Using that dialog, I designate the local
machine as the appropriate "Server", however this does not resolve the
Has anyone else been experiencing anything remotely similar to this? Anyone
have any suggestions?
Senior Research Scientist
American Institutes for Research
From: Weeks, Kyle [mailto:kweeks@SPSS.COM]
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 9:50 AM
Subject: SPSS 10.1.4 patch
SPSS-X list members,
The SPSS 10.1.4 patch is now available at
http://www.spss.com/tech/patches/SPSS-1014.htm. The patch will upgrade SPSS
10.1 for Windows English version and SPSS 10.1.3 for Windows products (all
languages) to version 10.1.4. SPSS 10.1.4 is an incremental release in
which the following changes were made:
* A performance problem on Windows 98 computers was fixed.
* A problem in which Fisher's Exact Test produced an incorrect
response was fixed.
* A problem in which using the Transform->Compute dialog box, lead
SPSS to freeze when OK was clicked to finish the transformation was repaired
* A bug in which creating more than one variable in the Variable View
tab of the Data Editor lead to crashes was fixed.
* A problem in which the data editor window and dialogs fail to update
on after a new variable generated was fixed.
* A problem in which the Variable Information and Variable Source
lists show an incomplete variable list when some variables don't have labels
* A bug in which an incorrect percentile was calculated after a median
or mode was fixed.
* A problem in which the password was unencrypted in GET DATA ODBC
syntax was fixed.
* A problem in which date variables displayed number of seconds in the
Data Editor rather than correct format was repaired.
* A problem in which the Text Wizard caused an assertion error on
string fields greater than 255 characters was repaired.
* A bug in which merging files if the working file contains null value
labels did not work was repaired.
* A file name in contention problem was fixed.
* A problem in which SQL Server 7 text data was brought in as
hexadecimal format was fixed.
* A problem in which user prompts did not work consistently in SPSS
Production Facility was repaired.
* A problem of running GLM multiple times on a remote server was
* A bug in which copying and pasting values with decimals from Excel
into SPSS was repaired.
* A problem in which data were lost when processor was stopped during
SORT on large data files was fixed.
* A problem in which SPSS hung on local startup was repaired.
* A problem in which data and output do not reflect modified value
labels was fixed.
* A problem with new database queries freezing in distributed mode was
* A fetching error with Exact Tests was repaired.
This patch affects the SPSS Base system and the following SPSS options:
Regression Models, Advanced Models, Tables, Trends, Missing Value Analysis,
Conjoint and Categories.
Also note that patch affects all language versions of SPSS 10.1.3 for
Windows: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Traditional
Chinese, Polish and Korean
Kyle Weeks, Ph.D.
Senior Marketing Manager
233 S. Wacker, 11th Floor
Chicago, IL 60606
Visit our Web site: