Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 12 Jun 2001 18:41:47 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Paula M. Adkins" <PAdkins@CHECKFREE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mainframe ISPF Question
Comments: To: "Valone, Toren W." <TValone@DMV.CA.gov>

THANKS! That's what I needed. It was showing 28K vs. 45K, so I'll have to check everything because it didn't error during the ftp process.

Paula M. Adkins, Risk Analyst I Risk & Source Management Dept. CheckFree Corporation 6000 Perimeter Drive Dublin, OH 43017 614-564-3117, 614-564-4308-fax www.checkfree.com

"Valone, Toren W." To: "'PAdkins@CHECKFREE.COM'" <TValone@DMV. <PAdkins@CHECKFREE.COM> CA.gov> cc: Subject: RE: Mainframe ISPF Question 06/12/01 06:35 PM

Just go into edit and then go to the bottom of the file, that will give you a record count. I believe when you FTP it gives you a byte count.

-----Original Message----- From: Paula M. Adkins [mailto:PAdkins@CHECKFREE.COM] Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2001 3:36 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Mainframe ISPF Question

MVS-TSO Mainframe - Under 3.4 ISPF

Can someone tell me if there is a way to show/count the number of lines of data in a raw file that I sent via ftp? This file is going to be used in a SAS program, but I want to ensure I have all the records before I run it.

I'm using the Data Set List Utility under ISPF, then selecting "B" next to the file to browse it. I want to ensure the 45K records came over when I sent the file through the ftp process. I already closed MS-DOS so I can't see those results.

Thanks!