Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 29 Jun 2001 11:31:17 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Rob Rohrbough <Rob@ROHRBOUGH-SYSTEMS.COM>
Subject:   Re: SAS AF - Building frames
Comments:   To: Jim Manganello <Jim.Manganello@US.BOSCH.COM>

Jim,

Perhaps I can come through for you after all. A little birdie told me he knew of no way to draw a region and fill it as you could in V6. However, when you have the component selected (showing a check mark) in the Components window at the left, you can double-click on the place in the frame where you would like to put it. Alternatively, even if you do not have a component selected, you can drag and drop the component to wherever you wish on the frame. In either case, you will have to resize the component.

On my question, the inability to change to V8 controls' text color from Inherited was changed in V8.1. So, 8.2, here I come.

For those of us still on V8.0, I now have a work-around. In my case, I was trying to add a radio box. Since I cannot change the color of the text on each radio button in V8.0 with the 8.0 Radio Box Control, I can use the V6 Radio Box. Trouble is, there is another bug, which I requested to be reported if not already. That is, when you change the border color on a V6 object, the border text color remains inherited - in my case black against that blue background. Work-around for that? Turn off the V6 Radio Box border and enclose it in a V8 Container Box Control whose border text color you can control. Whew!

HTH,

Rob