Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Jul 2001 14:57:10 +0200
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Lex Jansen <l.jansen@LEX-JANSEN.DEMON.NL>
Subject:      SAS viewer

Hi,

When I open a SAS dataset (on NTFS) with the SAS System Viewer (V6 or V8) ( I only have READ access to this dataset), the Viewer will still lock the file for update access. This is very annoying if many people have READ access to data, but the owner wants the update the dataset. He or she first has to find out who has the dataset open (only an Admin can find out).

Is there a way to open datasets with the System Viewer in such a way that the data is not locked?

Thanks, Lex jansen