Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 25 Jul 2001 10:03:48 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Rezek, George" <george.rezek@GMACRFC.COM>
Subject:   Re: SETINIT

Reiling,

Thanks for sharing this information. We recently changed to an "ECO" (Enterprise & StatPlus) bundles for our group, and, although we seemed to get everything we wanted, I wasn't exactly sure of what we had. I noticed that in the setinit.sss file there was a comment that SAS/CALC was cancelled -- I don't know whether it was cancelled from the our ECO license or if it was cancelled from SAS's product line.

Also, running proc setinit noalias on our produces:

---Base Product 14JAN2002 ---SAS/STAT 14JAN2002 ---SAS/GRAPH 14JAN2002 ---SAS/ETS 14JAN2002 ---SAS/FSP 14JAN2002 ---SAS/OR 01JUL2001 ---SAS/AF 14JAN2002 ---SAS/IML 14JAN2002 ---SAS/LAB 14JAN2002 ---SAS/ASSIST 14JAN2002 ---SAS/CONNECT 14JAN2002 ---SAS/INSIGHT 14JAN2002 ---SAS/EIS 14JAN2002 ---SAS/MDDB Server common products 14JAN2002 ---SAS/ACC-ORACLE 14JAN2002 ---SAS/ACC-PC File Formats 14JAN2002 ---PRODNUM254 14JAN2002 ---PRODNUM255 14JAN2002

Does anyone know what PRODNUM's 254 and 255 are? TAI -- George

-----Original Message----- From: Reiling Lee [mailto:reiling@PACBELL.NET] Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 9:06 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SETINIT

Hi All,

Thanks for the responses. Peter Crawford sent me the exact solution I need. The trick is an option has to be used when we run PROC SETINIT.

proc setinit NOALIAS; run;

With NOALIAS, I got what I want. What bothers me is this is not documented in the Online Document or SAS web site, or if there is a documentation, it's not easy to be found. I have searched the web site and online document using SETINIT or the exact phrase "PROC SETINIT" and could not find NOALIAS option associated to PROC SETINIT.

Interesting enough, when I talked to a person who works at SI, he could get what he want using PROC SETINIT without NOALIAS option. I don't know why NOALIAS is needed for some licenses and is not required for others. This is another mystery. I have sent an e-mail to SAS technical support for this question. Usually, they are pretty good with the response. But, this time, no one actually ever bothers to reply me from SI technical support. I guess it was because they don't see the issue as they always get a complete list. Here is what I got using PROC SETINIT without NOALIAS: Product expiration dates:

---ACADEMIC 31AUG2001

---SAS/SHARE*NET 31AUG2001

---SAS/MDDB Server common products 31AUG2001

"Reiling Lee" <reiling@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:8f977.211892$qv3.48159467@nnrp5-w.sbc.net... > Hi, > > SETINIT window is not available in SAS v8. Is there any way to get a list of > SAS products that a company is licensed? PROC SETINIT seems only to give the > very high level information such as ACADEMIC, ECO, STATPLUS. I want the > detailed like SAS/BASE, SAS/STAT. How can we get such information in SAS v8? > > > > >

[text/html]