Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 25 Jul 2001 11:11:40 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Gerhard Hellriegel <ghellrieg@T-ONLINE.DE>
Subject:   Re: Fw: A Mathematical Proof

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 07:55:16 -0700, Jan Padilla <jan.padilla@MINDSPRING.COM> wrote:

>http://www.EmailJoke.comThis must relate in some way to the "the power to >know"! Any mathematicians with too much time on their hands monitoring this >list? > > >Knowledge is Power. >Time is Money >And, as every actuary (with physics training) knows: >Power = Work/Time >So, if >Knowledge = Power >and >Time = Money >then through simple substitution >Knowledge = Work/Money >Solving for Money, we get >Money = Work/Knowledge >Thus, if Work is held constant as a positive number (no matter how small!!), >Money approaches infinity as Knowledge approaches zero >Conclusion: All else being equal, the less you know, the more you make.

My experience is: line 2 is wrong! I assume, time=1/money. Always if I have time, my money disappear! I have only money when I have no time to spend it... But the conclusion is also interesting: doesn't matter how big your knowledge is (only >0)! You can always have enough money if you avoid working too much... Ok, I'll finish my work for today now!