Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Jul 2001 08:10:39 +0200
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Comments:     cc: Stephen Dunn <Stephen_D@HWAY.CO.UK>
From:         Louis Broekhuijsen-Blöys
              <louis.broekhuijsen-bloys@CMG.NL>
Subject:      Re: HOLAP registration in V8
Comments: To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.VT.EDU

Dear Stephen,

When I look in the log after clicking in the HOLAP registration, I see the same notes. In my case it is probably because I din't register any servers in my repository. As fas as I kwon _hps_ is the dataset with server information.

I encountered your problem while accessing holap via the Holap metadata class (sashelp.holapmd.md.class). The method _saveMetadata() has the same effect. SAS told me that I shouldn't bother.

P.S. I have the same. So I wrote some SCL code to register my (dozens of)tables, after registering the first table with the mouse.

P.P.S. At the moment SAS Netherlands is checking out why, after my code ran, the Holap metadata is password protected. (I didn'd password protect it my self, neither by clicking, nor in my code.

Kind regards,

Louis Broekhuijsen - Blöys ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ CMG Trade, Transport & Industry B.V. Divisie Systems Development Divisie Information Management (RTIM1) E-mail: Louis.Broekhuijsen-Bloys@CMG.NL ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The Information contained in this email and its attachments is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any actions in reliance of the contents of this email and any attachments is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. CMG is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this email and any attachments nor for any delay in its receipt. If received in error, please contact CMG on +31 (0)020 50 33 000 quoting the name of the sender and the addressee and then delete it from your system. Please note that CMG does not accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and attachments (if any). No contracts may be concluded on behalf of CMG by means of email communications.

-----Original Message----- From: Stephen Dunn [mailto:Stephen_D@HWAY.CO.UK] Sent: donderdag 26 juli 2001 14:43 To: SAS-L@AKH-WIEN.AC.AT Subject: HOLAP registration in V8

In V8 you register HOLAP data sources through the MDMDDB window. This has been so badly written by SI as to be almost impossible to use with a data source that uses a lot of SAS datasets because you have to tell it exactly the same pieces of information over and over again. E.g. you tell it AgentNo is yet again a Class variable as it was in every past dataset I have ever produced and will be in every future dataset I will ever produce - try doing that for 150 datasets and 20 variables!

However there is a batch utility that reads and writes metadata repository info so you can use datasteps etc to write out repeating information and then update the repository.

In using the MDP batch utility on a PC under Windows NT4 I got the following messages. Does any one know what the NOTES mean? Are they saying anything important?

Batch Metadata Utility: repository=giosdata rpath=w:\sascode\metadata\motordata textfile=d:\mdpin.txt mode=READTEXT

NOTE: Variable pwname is uninitialized. NOTE: Variable hpwr is uninitialized. NOTE: Variable hpww is uninitialized. NOTE: The data set HTMP._HPS_ has 0 observations and 4 variables. NOTE: DATA statement used: real time 0.13 seconds cpu time 0.04 seconds

Return code: .

Member of the General Insurance Standards Council

This email, together with any attachment(s), is for the exclusive and confidential information of the addressee(s). Any other distribution, use or reproduction without the sender's prior consent is unauthorised and strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message without making any copies. Any views or opinions expressed are the author's and do not necessarily represent those of Highway Insurance. You should not rely on the content of this message unless satisfied it is from an authorised source. Highway Insurance reserves the right to monitor all email communications.