Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 10 Aug 2001 07:52:18 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jeff Voeller <c-Jeff.Voeller@WCOM.COM>
Subject:      Re: trademark sign
Comments: To: lchen@rhoworld.com

On Friday, August 10, 2001 at 6:42 AM, Ling Yun Chen wrote:

> Hi, does anyone know how to write a trademark sign using SAS?

If it's in your platform's character set you can use the BYTE() function. I just submitted the following code under MVS:

data _null_; file print; do a=1 to 255; b=byte(a); put @1 a 3. +1 '=' +1 b; end; run;

And I don't see any trademark sign, though I do see that the value for BYTE(175) is a circled "R" and BYTE(180) is a circled "C".

If you submit the above code on your platform you'll see what characters are available to you.