Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Aug 2001 01:39:19 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Richard DeVenezia <radevenz@IX.NETCOM.COM>
Subject:      Re: Decode in   SAS SQL

Jean-Paul:

You can either decode() on the Oracle side (if using SQL pass-through) or use a variety of SAS techniques on the SAS side.

Here's two 1. SQL case statement

select ... , case when (plan in ('P11' 'P12' 'P13' 'P14')) then 'P1' else 'P2' end as plan ... from connection to oracle (select ..., plan, ... from ...)) ...

2. custom formats RTFM -- Richard DeVenezia - SAS Macros and AF Tools http://www.devenezia.com

"Isson, Jean-Paul" <Jean-Paul.Isson@MICROCELL.CA> wrote in message news:57A36753B9EBD211B5C50008C75D605702B8D8CF@DMTLCMIS03... > Hi evryone, > I have a little question where I intend to use the sql decode function. > I am extracting data from Oracle data source using sas proc sql. > One of my variable called plan has value P1 P12 P13 P14 and P2. > I would like to import var plan by decoding variable plan as the following: > if plan in (P11, P12, P13, P14) plan=P1 else plan=P2. > I would like to do this in sql procedure without using a data step. > Does any one know How can I do that? > I appreciate any hint or idea from