Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 13 Sep 2001 14:43:29 +0200
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Christian F.G. Schendera" <schendera@NIKOCITY.DE>
Subject:   Column binary format

Hi folks, During the next weeks I will have to do cope with BIG column binary formatted (CBF) data sets. As I understand the scheme, CBF saves disk space so much that there can't be explicit var names or labels expected. They do have to get added later, I guess?! I would like to know how that kind of stuff does LOOK like. Viewed from an other perspective: These data are said to be in SPSS data set. So, are they still in CBF, or already transformed into SPSS? Just let me know. Cheers! Chris