Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Sep 2001 13:55:29 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Ace <b.rogers@VIRGIN.NET>
Subject:      Re: Multiple Remote Submits

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001 09:29:11 -0400, "Jim" <jlinck@uga.edu.nospam> wrote:

>I have two remote SAS servers to which I regularly submit SAS jobs using SAS >8.1 (soon to be 8.2) remote submit. What I end up doing is signing on to >one, running my stuff, signing off, then signing on to the other. I wonder >if there is a way to be less generic in my sign on and remote submit >procedures such that I could, say, sign on to both of the them at the >beginning of the program, then do my remote submit specifically to each >server as necessary. i.e., what I do now is: >* Sign on to the first server.; >signon; >rsubmit; >...code...; >endrsubmit; signoff; >* And to the next server. >signon; >rsubmit; >...code...; >endrsubmit; signoff;

Indeed there is, and it's beautifully simple. Just signon to as many servers as you like and use the REMOTE= option to control which one SAS will currently RSUBMIT to:

options remote=server1; signon; options remote=server2; signon; options remote=server3; signon; rsubmit; /* to current remote= server, i.e. server3 */ endrsubmit; options remote=server1; rsubmit; /* to server1 */ endrsubmit; options remote=server2; rsubmit; /* to server2 */ endrsubmit; options remote=server3; rsubmit; /* to server3 */ endrsubmit; signoff; /* current remote= server, i.e. server3 */ options remote=server1; signoff; /* server1 */ options remote=server2; signoff; /* server2 */

Hope that's clear.

Remember also that instead of using a site-defined alias for the server name, you can set your own to a specific IP address, e.g.

%let MYSRVR = 123.45.678.89 ; options remote = MYSRVR ; signon ; /* etc */

This may make the switching and control easier to follow within your code.

HTH -- Ace in Basel