Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Sep 2001 04:50:45 +0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Paul Dorfman <paul_dorfman@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Newbie Question, please help...
Comments: To: giuliobelrango@HOME.COM

Giulio,

If you do not perform any numerical manipulations on the field, input it as character (i.e. uninterpreted) using the informat $char2., and output it using either no format at all ($2. format will be assumed by default) or the $2. format. This simply passes the field the way it was in the input.

If there are some computations on the field and thus you need SAS to interpret it as a numeric variable, then use the format Z2. to write it. The format will write the numeric variables with leading zeroes.

Kind regards, ================= Paul M. Dorfman Jacksonville, FL ================= >From: Giulio Belrango <giuliobelrango@HOME.COM> >Reply-To: Giulio Belrango <giuliobelrango@HOME.COM> >To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >Subject: Newbie Question, please help... >Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 02:19:30 GMT > >I'm working in an IBM mainframe envirionment using SAS 8. > >I'm inputing a field : >input @1 num 2.0; > >I then output thus : >put @1 num 2.0; > >The input data is '01', when I output the field it is ' 1', the leading >zero >is suppressed. >I want the output to '01' . I've tried converting/put()/informating but the >leading zeroes are always suppressed. > >Any help appreciated. > >Thanks..