Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Sep 2001 11:07:00 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Laurel Copeland <lacop@UMICH.EDU>
Subject:      Spanish stats terms

Can anyone help with this? The student is in high school. A website of stats terms in Spanish would be nice! Thanks, Laurel

Dear fellow stats teachers: A new student just entered my class, an exchange student from Spain, who seems bright mathematically, but isn't too fluent in English yet. Is there a statistics text that comes in a Spanish version? It isn't necessary that it's the same text as ours; she can look up the discussion in her text but follow our schedule of topics and assignments. Or can someone supply me with a list or source of the Spanish equivalents of common statistics terms such as median, mode, standard deviation etc. Our pocket dictionary isn't cutting it. Thanks ( or should I say gracias?) Alice Keil