Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Sep 2001 09:41:44 +0100
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         David Johnson <DavidJohnson@HALIFAX.CO.UK>
Subject:      Re: AF Listbox Question
Comments: To: PhilRack@MINEQUEST.COM

Phil's original question below.

SAS-L Digest - 19 Sep 2001 - Special issue (#2001-1192)

Phil,

from an application under V6.12...

* Names changed to protect the innocent...;

CBoxName = 'A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,' || 'I,J,K,L,M,';

* Calculate the number of boxes so that additional boxes can be ;

* added with just one change to the list above;

* Note the need for a comma on the end for correct count & substring;

* The length of a listbox name need NOT be 5 characters;

NumBoxes = Length( Compress( CBoxName, ' ') ) -

Length( Compress( CBoxName, ' ,') );

Do BoxLoop = 1 To NumBoxes By 1;

* A SCAN() function could do this if the full list is to be retained; CThisBox = Substr( CBoxName, 1, Index( CBoxName, ',') - 1 );

CBoxName = Substr( CBoxName, Index( CBoxName, ',') + 1 );

* Get the number of rows, then loop through selecting all rows;

Call Notify( CThisBox || '_Ls', '_Get_MaxRow_', NumRows);

Do RowLoop = NumRows To 1 By -1;

Call Notify( CThisBox || '_Ls', '_Select_Row_', RowLoop, 'ON');

End;

End;

Kind regards

David

Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 13:51:05 -0400 From: Phil Rack <PhilRack@MINEQUEST.COM> Subject: AF Listbox Question

Friends,

I have an AF frame entry (V8 - Windows Platform) that has a listbox with a few dozen values. Approximately half the time, the user will be selecting all the values in the list. I would like to put a pushbutton next to the listbox so that the user can automatically select all the items in the list instead of having to go through the list and individually select each one.

I'm having a hard time getting this to work. Any thoughts or pointers to snippets of code that I might be able to look at before I loose any more hair?

Thanks,

Phil

Philip Rack DeskTop Solutions, LLC A SAS Quality Partner 6161 Busch Blvd., Suite 120 Columbus, OH 43229

Tel: (614) 848-3714 Fax: (614) 848-4780 E-mail: philrack@minequest.com web: www.minequest.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Halifax plc, Registered in England No. 2367076. Registered Office: Trinity Road, Halifax, West Yorkshire HX1 2RG. Represents only the Halifax Financial Services Marketing Group for the purposes of advising on and selling life assurance, pensions and unit trust business. The Marketing Group is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority. Switchboard 01422 333333.