Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Sep 2001 06:58:56 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Nick <nick_s_downie@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      %sysfunc again.. forget last message.. number of obs in dataset
              macro

re: my last posting..

i just read on the SAS webpage that %sysfunc was introduced with version 6.12 so that explains that one..

and so my next question is.. how can I create a macro var for the number of observations in a dataset.. I've tried using DATA _NULL_; NOBS=... CALL SYMPUT ETC but this does not seem to work when you pass a dataset with zero observations.. where this occurs I'd like my macro var to be set to zero.

only way i can think of is to %local num_obs 0; before passing to the data _null_.

Ideas?

Nick