Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 Oct 2001 22:29:44 -0400
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Pat Sully <prsully@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: Amer Golden Plovers

Thanks Jim and Earl, for the directions to see these plovers at Fort Valley area.

I had a planned trip to Americus on Friday and checked my e-mail to see if anything could possibly be seen on my way there.

Printed out the directions, picked up Giff's book and went to the place with no trouble.

The 2 American Golden Plovers were there waiting for me, but had to hunt for them. Thought I would never get through all those Kildeer (a dozen or so), but one popped up from the hidden sod and then another came forward. A good sighting.

I agree that a scope is necessary to get a better view, unless you have some mighty powerful binocs.

We (my husband and I) went directly to the sod farm, but didn't see the office right away. Guess we went in from the northern direction. We turned around and found the office, gained permission and the personnel were very nice to us. Instructed us not to drive onto the sod and later came out to see if we had located them. I asked if it was okay where I parked and it was.

I now have a new life bird to add to my current list.

Atlanta, Georgia USA (DeKalb County) prsully@bellsouth.net