Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 17 Oct 2001 15:55:09 -0500
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Peck, Jon" <peck@SPSS.COM>
Subject:   Re: help with date variables

You can use the xdate functions - xdate.year, xdate.month, xdate.mday or xdate.year, xdate.jday in COMPUTE to take apart a date value, manipulate these as needed, and convert back to a date value with the date.yrday and related functions.

-----Original Message----- From: Marks, Jim [mailto:jim.marks@LODGENET.COM] Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 1:05 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: [SPSSX-L] help with date variables

SPSS stores dates as seconds elapsed since 00:00:00 on 14 Oct 1582.

Try adding 31,536,000 (the number of seconds in a 365 day year)

Good luck

Jim Marks Market Analyst LodgeNet Entertainment Corporation 605.988.1616

-----Original Message----- From: Stella Vasquez [mailto:StellaV@DJ.STATE.AZ.US] Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 12:59 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: help with date variables

I'm having trouble and need some help.

I have a date variable that I would like to have SPSS add 365 days to it and give me another date variable xxxx. Can someone help?

Stella Vasquez, Planner II AZ Department of Juvenile Corrections 1624 West Adams Phoenix, AZ 85007 (602) 542-2272