Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 5 Oct 2001 11:27:50 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jeff Voeller <c-Jeff.Voeller@WCOM.COM>
Subject:      Re: FROM MVS SAS TO HTML OUTPUT - HOW?

On October 5, 2001 at 8:17 AM, Paul Dorfman wrote:

> You can write HTML either to a pure sequential file (DSORG=PS) or a > library member (DSORG=PO).

Thanks for a great tutorial! I've been using the HTML output for a while but had never quite been able to get the e-mail stuff to work until I copied your example.

One gotcha that I ran into several months ago when I first started using MVS to output HTML: Creating the file on the mainframe as EBCDIC and then having the FTP program translate it to ASCII seems to cause random, non-fatal-but-irritating little problems in the downloaded file. I've had consistently perfect luck instead using the TRANTAB=ASCII option in my ODS HTML statement and then downloading the file as binary.

Modifying your example, the e-mail attachments can be sent as binary as follows:

Attach = ('your.html.file.name' Ext='xls' ct='application/octet-stream' 'your.html.file.name' Ext='doc' ct='application/octet-stream' 'your.html.file.name' Ext='html' ct='application/octet-stream')

"ct" is shorthand for "Content_Type".