Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Oct 2001 09:08:12 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Daryl <daryl.wells@FCSO.COM>
Subject:      SAS (MVS Mainframe) extract from SAS dataset

I have the output from a SAS program that I need to read, identify fields and place in a dataset to be read by a COBOL program. The program that created the SAS dataset had many APPENDS with DROPS / KEEPS. I looked in the file and saw that it had the field variable names prefixed by "NAME" and then the data. Is there a way to read the file, identify the fields and isolate each record?