Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Oct 2001 10:45:08 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jim Agnew <agnew@HSC.VCU.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Structured Programming book suggestions

hhmm.... work with your mindflow, if you need a day or two to try ideas, mull it over, etc, walk around.. One of my most successfull systems is still running since 1983, survived y2k, 2 OS changes (yes, from rsx-11m to VMS), 5 hardware upgrades (involved changing timing loops), 3 generations of ICU monitoring monitors, and it's still not spagetti code... but, I had 3 months to mull things over and peudocode it before the hardware came in.

try Structured Systems Analysis, author forgotten. black paperback, 'bout late '70's..

jim

Quentin McMullen wrote: > > Hi, > > Reading recent discussion on use of GOTO within Structured Programming, and > listening to Ed Heaton's great talk yesterday at NESUG: "Top-Down > Programming with SAS Macros", I have once again been reminded that I lack a > foundation in programming theory (if that is the right term). > > I am wondering if folks could throw out recommendations for favorite books > in this area (i.e. program organization, programming practices, etc., not > necessarily SAS-specific). If people want to reply to the list that is > fine, if not feel free to email me directly and I'll compile a list of books > then post it later this week. > > TIA, > --Quentin