Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Oct 2001 17:55:54 -0600
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jack Hamilton <JackHamilton@FIRSTHEALTH.COM>
Subject:      Re: Can we ween ourselves from ListServ? (Was: New member
              haveaquestion)
Comments: To: "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com>

Karsten asked about my mail rules for virus and vacation message deletion, but unfortunately GroupWise is in one of its frequent moods and won't let me copy the message body into the reply.

The rules are crude. For viruses, I collected a bunch of typical subject lines, and delete any mail starting with any of those lines.

For vacation messages, I check for only the most common subject line, which is "Out of office". I don't delete such mail if the From address doesn't contain an "@" (mail from inside doesn't). I'll add more subject lines if necessary; there's a German one I've seen occasionally.

I'd be very surprised if procmail can't do a better job.

Incidentally, the President drove by earlier today. I didn't see the motorcade, but I hear there was an impressive number of police cars.

-- JackHamilton@FirstHealth.com Development Manager, Technical Group METRICS Department, First Health West Sacramento, California USA