Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Oct 2001 09:50:35 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Michael L. Davis" <mldavis@BASSETTCONSULTING.COM>
Subject:      Re: SAS Splash Screen in V8.2

Hello Dworsham (and other SAS-L friends),

These kinds of notes "happen". My advice...

- consider other distribution lists - switch to decaf beverages

In the case of this particular note, I think that Brother Don meant to send this as a private note to Brother Andrew and his finger slipped.

- Michael "Mad Doggy" Davis

At 09:17 AM 10/18/2001 -0400, dworsham@TSYS.COM wrote:

>Hello all - > >I just joined SAS-L yesterday and have already noticed that there are >quite a few postings that have nothing to do with SAS, such as the one >below. There was also the extended discussion about whether SAS-L should >be web based or email based (complete with details about how people set up >their Lotus Notes - as if we care). > >I have better things to do than to sort through this blather, and I'm sure >others do too. It would be easier to know what to read if the email >subject was "coffee shops in New Zealand" instead of 'SAS' something that >might be relevant. > >Can anyone tell me if it is common to have so many non-SAS related >postings? Do people typically post personal email replies to the entire >list? > > > > > >Please respond to Don Stanley <don_stanley@XTRA.CO.NZ> > >Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> > >To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >cc: >Subject: Re: SAS Splash Screen in V8.2 > > >say it yourself! > >speaking of which ... good to see you've finally worked out how to use >SAS-L. Found a decent coffee shop then? > >Don > > >-- >Don Stanley, B.SC, Dip O.R.S, MNZCS >EMAIL:: don_stanley@xtra.co.nz, don@sysware.co.nz >Author:: Beyond the obvious with SAS Screen Control Language. >Author:: Solutions for your GUI Applications Development Using SAS/AF >FRAME Technology >http://www.sysware.co.nz , >http://www.geocities.com/don_stanley_nz/don_home.htm

Michael L. Davis Vice President Bassett Consulting Services, Inc. 10 Pleasant Drive North Haven CT 06473-3712 E-Mail: michael@bassettconsulting.com Web: http://www.bassettconsulting.com Telephone: 203-562-0640 Facsimile: 203-498-1414 Messages: 888-477-1412

[text/html]