Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Oct 2001 13:01:42 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Dale McLerran <dmclerra@MY-DEJA.COM>
Subject:      Re: Chi-squared test when data is already tabulated
Comments: To: rpearce@u.washington.edu

Rachel,

By tabulated data, I assume that you mean that you have the frequencies in each cell of the table. You can still use proc freq with the chisq option. You would table the two variables which form the contingency table, and weight each observation by the tabulated frequency. This is demonstrated below:

data test; x=1; y=1; n=40; output; x=2; y=1; n=60; output; x=1; y=2; n=30; output; x=2; y=2; n=70; output; run;

proc freq data=test; weight n; tables x*y / chisq; run;

Best wishes,

Dale

--------------------------------------- Dale McLerran Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center mailto: dmclerra@fhcrc.org Ph: (206) 667-2926 Fax: (206) 667-5977 ---------------------------------------